Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Damage Tips from SERVPRO of South & West Charleston
Water damage can be an incredibly stressful experience. At SERVPRO of South & West Charleston our team of highly trained professionals hope to ease the burden of water damage and make the restoration and repair of your property and belongings an easy experience. Our biggest tip when dealing with water damage is to let us at SERVPRO of South & West Charleston help you! After you've ensured everyone's safety, give our team a call to begin our water damage restoration process. We are available 24/7 because we know that water damage can occur at anytime of day or night and we are here to help.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (843) 823-7400
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.